The Litigator Awards are handed out by the Trial Lawyers Board of Regents, LLC. According to the Board's website, it each year, “seeks out, acknowledges, and honors only those Trial Lawyers who have demonstrated remarkable skill and ability in jury trials, trials before the court, or appellate practice.”
Awards are based strictly on verdict and/or settlement dollar achievements (rather than peer popularity) within more than 70 categories. Eligible nominees must meet the following litigation performance benchmarks:
- Two verdicts or settlements of at least $1 million in any one Practice Specialty category within the 5 years preceding nomination; or
- One verdict or settlement of at least $5 million in any one Practice Specialty category within the 10 years preceding nomination; or
- One verdict or settlement of at least $10 million in any one Practice Specialty category within the 20 years preceding nomination.
Fewer than 1% of all lawyers/law firms meet Litigator Award criteria. Andrus Wagstaff, PC, received an Award for extraordinary achievement within the fields of: Mass Torts, Defective Medical Device, and Vaginal Mesh & Product Liability Litigation. The firm's specific qualifying achievements in these fields were:
- $18,500,000 verdict secured for 4 plaintiffs injured by Boston Scientific's Obtryx (vaginal mesh) product.
- $2,000,000,000 settlement for over 50,000 individual cases in the Avandia multidistrict litigation for heart attacks, strokes, and congestive heart failure.
- $42,000,000 recovered for approximately 800 clients who took Vioxx and suffered heart attacks or strokes.
- $9,000,000,000 in compensatory and punitive damages in the Actos (bladder cancer) MDL.
With the Award, Andrus Wagstaff, PC, joins a short list of winners chosen from nearly 1.1. million eligible firms.
Andrus Wagstaff, PC, has more than valuable experience helping clients with personal injury lawsuits stemming from dangerous drugs and defective medical devices. In addition to pursuing legal excellence through top verdicts and settlements, the firm prides itself on providing compassionate, personalized representation.
If you've been injured by a medical product, contact Andrus Wagstaff, PC, for a free case evaluation.